Demonstration videos with unlocking voices
In these informal videos Alex Hopwood and Sue Finnes share information to help parents make their sessions more effective. N.B. these videos do not replace the need to buy and study Soma's books.
- How to do written paper choices
- How to spell responses on the 3 set stencils
- How to prompt (verbal and air prompts, including when and how to motor model)
- How to reduce prompting (when and how)
- How to prepare an RPM session from a book (for beginners)
- How to get your sessions 'moving' from the start
- How to be flexible with a student's interest
- How to make lessons interesting
- How to personalise lessons for different students
- How to identify and work on skill goals - also, What are skill goals?
- How to work with a child who moves around
- How to support a student who stabs/slips/wanders
- How to help a child who copies written words